Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An invitation and not knowing what to do

We got an invitation to a family function well I should say Joe, #1 and me got invited. #2 and #3 didn't. I guess they have an age limit of 10 years or older since #1 is 10 years old. Our little problem is who do we get to look after #3? #2 is not a problem its easy to get a babysitter for her and #1 but our Finnian now thats a problem. We really need to get a nurse to watch him. I cannot blame anyone for not wanting to look after him. I know myself he can put the heart cross ways in you when he has seizures.
So now I have to see well I should say figure out if going to the function and giving a nice cash gift and paying a babysitter and a nurse worth it to feel like we are a normal family? Or should I just say no we cannot go?
I don't know yet too much is going through my head.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

My opinion?

If you have the resources of having 2 sitters and have the cash...have night out...feel normal...have some fun!

I have a retired OT that is on disability for fibromyalgia and she has watched Hudson in the past, but I have never asked her to watch all 3 H's cuz it would cost me waaaay to much moola. Altho, I was suppose to get her for tonight and my moms boyfriend was going to pay for her so we could go drink some green beer! Instead I am drinking green tea sitting in the hospital!!!! Such Is life!

Oh and yes...no answers once again today...but they better watch out for me tomorrow! ;)

Bronx Cataldo's said...

THats the problem the cash. For Finnian it will be about $20-30 an hour and then for the other 2 I could get some one for $15 an hour for both as long as we are back before midnight. So you figure even if we only go out for 4 hours just for sitters it will cost over $100 then add an outfit for me and a cash gift it will be between $400-$500. There is alot I could do with that money. So I am still on the fence about going.