Sunday, March 28, 2010

I just don't understand

Growing up there was only my brother and me for the longest time. Times were tough but we got by. The one thing we were always treated as equals. If my brother got something I got something. When it came to clothes shopping the same was spent on each of us. Years later my little sister arrived but things didn't change. She didn't get any special treatment ftom my parents just because she was the baby. We spoiled her more than my parents did. Even to this day my parents treat us all as equals even though we are all sooooooooo different. Even now if my parents do for one of us they find ways to do the same for the others.
I know a family that has 2 boys. The oldest lad is grand quiet lad very easy going but the other one thats a different story. He is the total oposite of number 1 and he is treated like a God. He only gets the best of everything and # 1 just gets what ever is the cheapest even if it doesn't fit right who cares he got something. You kind of wonder what goes on in their heads when they do this. They don't see what they are doing.
I have 3 kids and I try my best to treat them all the same even though I know Finnian does take up alot of their precious time. But sometimes a small simple jesture means the world to them and it makes them feel very improtant.

No comments: