Thursday, December 31, 2009

What a morning

Well Joe took the train to work this morning as I needed the van to get Eoghan to the lab to get the glucose test done. So at about 7:50am I hear Eoghan scream "its snowing!!" Sure enough it was and comming down well. So I called my mammy to see if she would keep Maura and at the same time to let her know its snowing. So Maura got to hang out at Nanny's while we went to the lab.
We couldn't believe how bad it was outside it was very slippery. So we dropped Maurs off at Nannys and then went to get the van. So got the boys all strapped in and then had to clean the van off. As fast as I was cleaning off the van there was more snow building up on it.Next thing I know the cars are sliding all over the street. All I am thinking is "dam its bad" So as the van is warming up I hop out again to clean off the snow. There is a guy in a car and all he was doing was spinning his wheels and you could smell burning rubber. Of course I knock on his window and tell him to down shift and then I get out my traction melt and sprinkle some under the wheels and he went up the small hill fine. Next thing a cabbie is trying to get up so I tell him the same thing and use my magic melt and help him . His passenger in the back was so thankful that I helped them. Then the bus came along and he was having trouble so I helped him too. He was funny because all he wanted to know what was the stuff I was putting down as it was working great for every kind of vehicle. I nearly fell flat on my ass getting back in to the van. Next thing we heard thump all i was thinking well I know I wasn't hit. there was a bit of fender bender at the traffic light.
So I just pull out and go on my merry way. It took me over an hour to get to the lab normally it only takes about 15 minutes so that will tell you just how bad the roads were. That was when the plows were only coming out . You see it wasn't supposed to be this bad early.
We got to the lab and eoghan had his test done and we left there almost 3.5 hours later.
I was supposed to drop off stuff at Big Brother Big Sister today but with the weather it didn't get done. But the most important thing as Eoghan got his blood tests done so now we just have to wait and see what the results show. Diabetic or not.

No comments: