Friday, December 4, 2009

Today was a busy day

Well Joe went to the urologist and Finnian had his eye exam. Well he is getting new contact lenses and the litle buggers are pretty pricey. $200 buck a pop and yes he need one for each eye. The new thing is we have to pay for the little buggers first and then wait for the insurance to pay us back. Bummer. He also has to have another ERG done on his eyes not looking forward to that.
Then on the way home Finnian had a seizure one I haven't seen in almost 2 years. Bonnie was shocked because she has never seen one like that before. I was driving when it happened and when we stopped at a red light Bonnie reached back and tipped his head forward because it was starting to choke on his saliva. We got home and he was still in it so I just parked the car adn tipped the seat back and gave him a diastat and he came out of it. So when I got upstairs I called the neuro's office to ask about his MRI report. Got told then cannot give out any resutls over the phone. So I told her all I wanted to know if there was fluid present in his ears thats all I needed to know because he was just after having a bad seizure that I haven't seen in along time that usually went hand in hand with his ears.So the nurse called back and I told her about the seizure and I haven't seen them since he went on the dredded klonopin but they usuall ran with his ears. I wanted to know if fluid was present so I would be able to go to the ENT and get new tube put in. He has fluid present in both ears and his sinuses showed thickened fluid. So now we have an appointment with the ENT and he will need to get new tubes put in his ears and I am gong to request that his tonsils be removed as they massive and he has been drooling like a tap running. The peds fear is he will lose his swallowing ability.
So its never a dull moment in my house

No comments: