Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dear Finnian

Today it is the 9th of December 2009 and it was on the 9th of December 2004 that we were told you would be different. How much we have grown and how much we have come to accept since that dreaded day 5 years ago.

Last night love you were not youself you were having alot of little seizures but everytime I figured it was time to put a stop to those buggers they would stop and you would give me a beautiful smile. How i love the time we spent together at night alone just you and me my little man.This morning it was rough and when I looked at you all i was having were flashbacks from September of last year when you ended up in the ICU on a vent and in a medically induced coma. Boy did I spring into action and thankfully we got the blasted seizure shut down. So I called the bus driver and told him you wouldn't be going to school. So you got to hang out on the couch in your jammies today. i know it was the nasty weather we got that brought out the seizures. It always happens when the weather changes and it rains very heavy in a short time.

You have been a true little warrior this year fighting against the seizure monster. We have had a few (5) hospital stays this year which isn't too bad. We have been going to a genetic doctor she is determined to figure you out and she has run alot of tests which have all come back normal.She keeps saying that you have an underlying condition but we haven't found it yet. Having a name for whats wrong with you will not change who you are my little man. You will always be my Finnian the teacher and sharer just like what your name means.
We even went on vacation this year to Myrtle Beach it was a lovely week. Granted you didn't get to do all the cool things that Eoghan and Maura did but it was nice to walk along the beach with you after I dragged you backwards in your chair through the soft sand. But at the same time you loved it.
People always wonder how we cope with having a child with diasbilites to be honest some times its rough but all you have to do is give us that beautiful smile and we forget. We love you for who you are Our Finnian.
Love Mammy

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know how those "anniversaries" creep up...they are hard, aren't they? I know I always relive scenarios in my head, unfortunately they are the ones we wish we could forget!

Your sweet boy is among the many special ones, who are here to teach life lessons, and those who cross his path will be blessed by simply who he is!

Hugs to you and your little super-hero!