Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why me???

There are many of us that always ask that question. We always wonder why? We get told that God only gives to those who he knows that can bear the burden. But why me? What was I missing in life? or what did I have too much of ?that I got chosen.
Even family say " I was the right one who got a child like my Finnian because they know others wouldn't have been able to handle it". But there is that little question again "why me?" What do they see in me that I don' t see? I know I always get told I just roll along in life and have a carefree attitude and it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers. My Mam always says things don't effect me the way it effects others I have the "water of a ducks back" approach in life.
I get told I have an inner strength that makes me handle things sometimes I wonder where it is? especially when I get told bad news. My heart and belly does one of those flips but yet in the back of my mind there is something telling me ""stop take a breath you can handle it" and yet I do.
We get told special people get special things I don't know whats so special about me I'm just an average person who could do with losing a few pounds(a lot). But then again we don't see what other people see, we don't see the smile on our face, we don't feel the positive energy that other people feel coming from us, we don't see the look on our face or how our eyes light up when our special child does something, we don't see the love that we show when we just simply caress our child face. In alot of aspects we are blind to what others see in us and thats what makes us the parents we are we see with out the rose coloured glasses. We see that our life is not on the straight line ours has many dips and cruves in it but its our life. Its not a life we would have chosen but it was one that was chosen for us.

No comments: