Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tube feeding awareness week

Its true I love a tubie. My son has had a feeding tube since October '07 and in many ways it has been a life saver. Before we got the tubie Finnian was sick all the time and we were shoving so many medications in to him. We had a running joke at the ped's office to schedule me for the following week with Finnian. More often than not we were there just because he was all caught in his chest. Took him to the pulmo doc and the one thing he wanted was a feeding tube. We were told that due to his aspiration he would have his lungs totally messed up. It was the one thing I didn't want to get done as it would be in a way I had failed. We got the surgery done and it was the best thing we have ever done for him. He is not sick like he used to be he has put weight on and he is growing like a weed. We have had only one bout of aspiration pneumonia since tube placement and that was caused by seizures. We are basically off all asthma meds and he doesn't seem to get colds like he used to either.
So yes I love my little tubie kid

No comments: