Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beep,beep,beep,beep

Its 4:44 am on Sunday morning and every few minutes all you hear is beep,beebeep,beebeep from the pulse ox letting us know his O2 is low. He is on oxygen but sometimes it still goes low. I cannot turn it up with out a doctors order even though when we were in the ER in November the doctor told us we could crank it up to 5 liters. His reason is his mouth is open most of the time and the extra will just escape via his mouth. I guess we will just have to see maybe about getting the bipap or the c-pap back again. I will just call tomorrow and see about getting an appointment with the pulmo again.
He is having some slight seizures with physical involvment only God knows whats going on in his little head. If this keeps up we will just have to give him some resuce meds and hopefully stop those puppies. I hate to have to give him rescue meds we seem to be giving more and more. You see he is already at the max with most of his meds the one we can go up is not one I really like as we have to suction him like every 15mins so he won't aspirate on his own secreations. Right now he is on his side and his pillow is soaking wet from his drool. I just have to wait another 10 mins or so and I will just have to give him the diastat. Fingers crossed he won't crash on me. Will up date later and let you know what happened

1 comment:

Debbie said...

dang it...sorry he is not doing well...praying those stupid seizures stop and you don't have to use the rescue meds.

Hugs...