Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Now we wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we walked down to the OR today just after 9am. I carried Finnian in and laid him on the table and waited while they gave him the smell gas to put him out once he was asleep I left and went to the waiting room to wait. Called home and told he was in the OR and I would update them when I heard more. Got back upstairs after grabbing a large coffee and a cranberry scone and next thing I knew Dr.A came out and said he was doing great and that she was finished with the Lumbar Puncture and Dr. F was now doing the biopsies. About 30mins later he came out and said everything had gone great and he had removed what they needed for testing. He went just below the scar he has on his left leg from the hip/femur surgery. The stitches will dissolve on their own and the steri strips should start to fall off in about 3 day but we are not to pull them off.
I had to sign 3 consent forms, one for the LP, one for the biopsies and one for the Amino Acid tests. So everything is signed and all the samples are done. Some results will be back today and more next week but the biopsies will take the longest and can take up to 8 weeks to get the full report. So now we wait but I am not holding my breath and walking on egg shell for the results. We will worry about that when the answers are in if we get some. Remember we live for today with Finnian and we don't think about tomorrow.
The best is we got to come home we were home about 1:40pm. I was happy as Finnian curled up in his "man chair" and had a great nap and he woke up in great form.
The only thing is I should have taken his wheelchair its a lot easier taking him on the bus as I can just wheel him on. We had the Maclaren SP buggy and boy did I get a work out hiking him up and down the subway stairs. You know I am not getting any younger and he is getting heavier. I was carrying at least 60lbs between Finnian, his buggy, his backpack with all of his crap, my pocket book and lets not forget the O2 canister. I didn't want to wait and hang out for Joe to finish work and I will not just hail a cab on the street and if I called for a cab it always takes a long time so we use public transport.

No comments: