Friday, October 23, 2009

Seizures, seizures, seizures

Well our Finnian pulled them for a loop at school yesterday. Yup he had not 1 but 3 of his screaming seizures at school.His nurse gave him diastat and had to hook him up in the oxygen. So the usual called the doctors office and spoke to the nurse. She called me back after talking with his doctor and we have to go up on his Banzel at night and see what happens. Its a bummer I hate increasing his meds. You know he has been having these seizures for almost 2 years and the longest we have gone with out one has been 9 weeks. Now they are happening ever 3-4 weeks again. Since they have never gotten one of them on the EEG they really don't know what type of seizure it really is. He did have one once but it was only a small one and the Neuro on call told me " Oh its just a breath holding spell" Breath hold spell my ass I have never see a child wake up and hold its breath or be praticapiting in class and give a blood curling scream and go all stiff and then the ass falls out of his stats. Look I am a mother of 3 kids and yes my Maurs would go into a temper tantrum and have a breath holding spell but she never did a blood curling scream and go all stiff there is a huge difference. I may speak with an accent and not have any letters after my name indacating a medical professsion but I do know my child better than a doctor.

1 comment:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I am sorry, Seizures are from the devil, I swear!