Sunday, October 25, 2009

My day out

Well I was up bright and early and on the subway going down to the city around 7:15 am. Its the first time in along time that I have done that on my own I usually have my side kick with me. It was nice to walk in the city early in the morning the streets were quiet and not the usual mass of traffic and yellow cabs flying up and down the streets.
Got to the confrence and signed in.Got to cruise around the information tables and pick up some information.The one main topics were Generic VS brand name which was very interesting. Anyone with a child on any drug not just seizure meds this is always a hot topic. I even know it myself as one brand of generic Keppra doesn't work all that well on Finnian as the others or the brand name. Then it was broken down in to breakout sessions where they were covering various topics in different lecture halls. I went to Managment in Pediatrics, Cognitive Issues,Education Entitlements (which was very intresting), The parents Forum and then everyone was at the last lecture Where are we going.
All in all it was a great day and I did pick up some information.
I got the meet the ladies from the LGS Foundation and you can visit them at their website
www.lgsfoundation.org They have an event coming up " Helmets for Hope".
Another bit of info I got was there is a site on line that is free they say easy to use for seizure tracking and graphing. You can visit it www.seizuretracker.com . I must look in to it so this way I might be able to keep track of whats going on with him and then I can email it to the docs office.
Got to meet Will for lunch and we went Halloween shopping for the kids costumes. Eoghan is going to be some Star Wars thingy, Maura is going to be a get this a "princess witch" and my little side kick is going to be a little clown. Having a child that has Micro at times like Halloween it gets hard because they need one size costume and then the mask or hood, or hat is too big so we have to get creative. I know Finnys hat is big but it was the easiest to adjust to fit him.
Cannot wait for the next Epilepsy Conferance at Columbia on Nov 7th.
They said that the confrence that they had at NYU today will be available on their website in about 2 weeks

No comments: