Thursday, July 30, 2009

You will not believe what Eoghan did today!!!!!

I was doing laundry and Eoghan asked Bonnie ( Finnian's nurse) what happens when you swallow a quater?Bonnie was in the middle of doing something with Finnian and said to Eoghan " What did you do, did you swallow a quater?" And he said "YES""DOes your mother know?" No I just walked in and Bonnie said Eoghan swallowed a quater. Not believing them at first yeah right he swallowed a quater. He told me when he swallowed it then 50 questions come out is it stuck? are you sure it was a quater?what possesed you to put dirty germy money in your mouth? you get the picture?
First I call the nursing service we have through our insurance they told me to get in contact with the Peds office, So I called the peds and told Paul what Eoghan did and what should I do he put me on hold and came back " Geraldine you said it was Eoghan not Finnian? Yup thats right so he put me on hold and came right back " they said to take him to the ER. So off to the Er we go they all smile when I say he swallowed a quater. He had 8 x-rays done and yes he did swallow a quater I saw it on the x-rays. The reason he had so many they wanted to make sure it was making its way out of his stomach. So we got sent home with instructions to check for the quater for the next few days. If it doesn't pass in 3 days go back to the peds office. if he starts to vomit and has bad pain take him back to the ER. SO I told Eoghan if I catch anything in his mouth other than the food I give him he knows what will happen.
SO that was the great excitment for today

3 comments:

jocalyn said...

oh.my.gosh. BOYS!!!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh my goodness!!!!

Jess said...

You should get that boy a piggy bank or a wallet so he has somewhere else to store his money!

Hope you see his investment returning soon.

~Jess