Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Swimming

Well this morning we all set off to sign up for swimming lessons. They are free, yes free, but on a first come first serve basis. I got them in to a class that starts on Wednesday at 9am. They will be going Mon,Wed and Friday from 9am to 9:45am. Its great I got both of them in the same class and its somethin for them to do early in the morning. We walked there today and it will take us about 20minutes so its not bad its good exercise for all of us. Well I need it the most but I am down now 11lbs and I have many more to go but its a start.
Its just Eoghan and Maura that will be going to the swimming as Finnian will be in school. I will try Finnian in the pool again its opened daily from 11am to 3pm and again form 4 to 7pm. The last time we had him in the pool he had major seizures afterwards I don't know if it was the chlorine of if it was just too much stmulitation for him but I am willing to try again since we seen to have better seizure control now. He loved the beach on Sunday he kept flipping himself until he was on the sand it was fun to watch him he looked like a fish out of water flipping and twisting but he did achieve his goal to get on the sand. He kept telling me the sand was nice until he got some on his face and in his mouth. When I asked him is the sand nice now he shook his head no but once I cleaned him up he was back to his tricks again but leaving his head on the towel.

No comments: