Saturday, July 18, 2009

Side effects or something more???????

Our Finnian has an enlarged right ventricle the cause of this was from a stroke before he was born . It caused the flow of CFS to be blocked going out the back of the ventricle. But we were lucky that it found a way around the blockage. So after he was born he was monitered just incase he would develope hydrocephaly. Thankfully he didn't and he has not been shunted.
We were given the signs to look out for just incase he would develop it later.
The thing is he has started to projectile vomit and of course I went web surfing and now I am really questioning myself and I cannot wait for the Neuro's office to open on Monday morning. When looking I found that pressure can build up in the ear and our poor Finnian has had 3 ear aches back to back antibotics given with each one and he still has fluid w were thinking new ear tubes but now adding the projectile puking they are both signs of increased intercranial pressure. Oh I don't know am I jumping the gun and too many thoughts are going through my head. I am not sleeping as he is even vomiting in his sleep and I am sooo afraid of aspiration. Then again may be its his nissen, may be his formula is going sour in his tummy as he does have delayed emptying, maybe he is over heating and its away his body is telling us. So many questions and yes I am stressing out. Last week I had beautiful finger nails now I only have stubbs and hang nails. Not to worry if he gets worse I will bring him straight to the ER. Oh how I wish I drank a good stiff drink sounds good.

No comments: