Monday, July 20, 2009

Shoes

Back view
Side view

Don't they look cute


Well our Finnian is very hard to fit in shoes with his "legs" braces. Oh yea just go up a size or two but it is hard when 1; he has a wide foot, 2; he is very high arched by the time I am finished he looks like he as 2 fishing boats on his feet. His feet do not match his body by the time I am finished getting shoes that fit over his" legs". I have tried the shoes for the braces but when you are dealing with a child with low tone who wears braces by the time you are finished he is carrying almost 2 lbs on his feet and that is not good. The answer Crocs they weigh almost nothing and with the back strap the will stay on adn if I may say so he looks quite spiffy and normal. How many kids wear Crocs? Well so does my Finnian they don't need the support because the braces give them the support they need the Crocs are just foot covers to protect the braces. Now I just bought a spin off pair to see how they would work to be honest I paid $5.99 in CVS for a pair but they only had them in Navy I am fond of colours so I will be on the look out for something a little more summery.
So if your tot is not walking but you want footwear for over there braces try a pair of Crocs or like me a spin off pair. There will be more notice taken of the shoes than the braces.
I will now get off my soap box.

No comments: