Friday, July 10, 2009

Well I was right

Our poor Finnian has ear infections again. So the doc said bring him back to the ENT as this is his 4th ear infection in 2.5 mths. So must call the ENT office on Monday. Ia am debating wheather or not to bring him to a new ENT doctor. I love the doc we have been seeing but its such a hassel when they do the tubes as I have to get a medical form filled out get blood done and then when the anesthia guy comes along he nearly has a panic attack. Child cannot get what ansthesia? Child has seizures? Child has...? Child has....?Child has...? and the list goes on. At least if I cna get one at Colombia Children's Hospital all his records are there and its sad to say but we usually meet someone that has already put Finnian under ansthesia but at the same time its great. So I will think about it over the weekend and see what I am going to do.
It was funny when we were at the peds today the doc walked in and said Finnian is having a seizure. I just looked and said yup. He was amazed at my relaxed reaction to Finnian having a seizure. But it wasn't a bad seizure to be honest we don't take too much notice of thoes ones unless he starts to have them every 5 minutes and is having them for 5 minutes +. We mostly see them when he has ear infections or when he is sick so to me its just his way of letting us know he needs to see the doc to get antibotics. Knock on wood we havent had a Grand Mal seizure since he started on the Banzel we are now at week 5 we just have another week to go and then we will see if the Banzel is going to stop thoes suckers.
Have a nice weekend everyone

1 comment:

Carolien said...

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear Finnian has ear infections. Unfortunaltly we know all about the pain because Bridget got ear tubes twices as well. The last time they also got the nose tonsils out. Hopefully he is better soon.
Love the beach pictures.
Carolien