Monday, July 13, 2009

The Manual

I got asked a stupid question the other day and I will fly it by all who have children, had children with special needs. Are you ready?????
How do I know what to do with my son? Of course my answer "What?" The ****** idiot said it again very slowly and added do you understand. My bitchy answer " I might speak with an accent but I do speak and understand English and what the hell do you mean by how do I know what to do with my son?" " Well is there a book for children like him?" Oh the stupid woman wanted to know if there was a Dr. Spock manual for children with special needs. I told her if there is I haven't read it and I wouldn't. And I walked away and muttering under my breath The ******* idiot wanting to know if there was a manual for raising special needs kids. The thing is there is not one book for a kid like mine there are many books based on his diagnoses. I won't lie I have read a few based on his diagnoses but not a book on how to raise a special needs child. I am raising my son based on Love, Hope, courage, diagnoses and my own gut instincts along with information I have received form parents like me and the medical professionals.

1 comment:

Leslie Driver-Rowe + Devon Rowe said...

Wow I'm flabberghasted. Good answers, though. Yikes! I've heard some rude comments, but that one will have my head spinning for awhile.