Saturday, July 11, 2009

Well the bubble burst

Well today at 11:08 am we had a bad seizure but it was over by the time I had gotton all of his equipment set up. So that was good it was less than 1 minute. But then at 11:38 am he had another one and this one was harder than the first one . I had everything ready just incase of another one so when I got his pulse oxmieter on him his O2 was 87 and his heart rate was 197so I just got the diastat and gave it to him. thankfully it stopped the seizure he is still on the pulse oxmieter as his levels have not totally stablized out yet. This happen sometimes when he has a few seizures. So the question is " was he out of the seizure the first time ?" I don't know but it did not follow the usual path only 30 minutes between each seizure when normally its 3-6 hours between these ones. Is it because he has an ear infection? the last time he had the ears in much worse condition when we started the antibotics and he didn't have one of these never mind having 2 in a half an hour. So many questions and so little answers.
SEIZURES SUCK

2 comments:

Leslie Driver-Rowe + Devon Rowe said...

I couldn't agree more -- seizures SUCK! I ope this is the last one you see for awhile, and that the ears are feeling better soon.

Dana said...

I'm so sorry! I hope tomorrow is a MUCH better day! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Such an amazing Mommy!