Sunday, November 8, 2009

Too much crap

I always say I am going to go through everything and only keep what I need but it never happens and I end up with piles of crap stacked up all over the place. So today I decided to tackle our bedroom and so far I have gone though so much. I have thrown out well not thrown out but put in a bag a whole load of clothes I have no idea why I was keeping them they don't fit. Why do I have comforters stuffed in to pillow cases and put up on the top shelf in the closet? If I wanted to use them they wouldn't be in pillow cases on the top shelf I would be using them on the beds.Then I always wondered why I could never find the pillow cases duh they are on the top shelf with a comforter stuffed in it. Why do we always save the good sheet from a set when we know we will probably never uses it because its not a com pleat set.

I don't have the room to keep it so out of my house it will go. I don't need it so it is all being added to the pile to be donated. We live in a very large apartment but when you keep everything its not very large anymore. There are 5 of us living here and we all need our own space for all of our crap. Then add all of Finnian's supplies that we get delivered monthly I need place to store all of them. We have gotten told by family "you need to move into a bigger apartment or move into a house" First off we don't have the money for a down payment on a house and secondly if I moved into a bigger apartment I would just be getting another bedroom and people would still be complaining. So I am just going to weed out all the crap I don't need and we will fit just fine.
So my new motto is "don't use, don't need , recycle" and hopefully I can downsize the amount of crap I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You have taken-on a difficult task, but I see real determination in your post.

We struggle with this in our home, too. For part of our lives, moving around with Hubby's job, that helped reduce the detritus with each move.

Recently we had a faux-move, all the floors were replaced and so everything had to be moved out of each room temporarily. A forced sort of sorts.

Congrats on recognizing the need and going for it. Cheering you on! Barbara

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Ugh, we have been struggling with the "crap" too. I want shelves, organiziation bins, etc. Emily's smile box donations have literally taken over the house along with special needs equipment. Be sure to post pics when you get everything done. I am sure it will look great.