Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not working ???????

This evening as Finnian was wrestling the pillow we heard the God awful shout. A fec.... seizure. So I yelled at Joe to get his bag as I watched the colour drain from my wee mans face and his lips turn blue. While waiting for his bag I start doing compressions and the next thing he takes in a deep breath. His colour tuns back to normal and he starts wrestling the pillow again.
No he did not get any rescue meds and by the time I checked his O2 was at normal levels. Well I guess the increase in the Banzel is not working on thoes seizures. Whats kinda pissing me off is now there was only 18 days between this one and the last one. Ok the one tonight was a very mild one but now we have gotten past the 3 hour mark and we haven't had another one so now we wait and see at the 6 hour mark. So tonight me and my lad are camping out on the couch until we hit the 6 hour mark. Then maybe I will put him in to bed and put all his gear in with him just to be on the safe side.
Its 1am and he is still up and all he wants to do is play so we know tomorrow all he will do at school is probably sleep. I just wish we could figure out this "seizure" and get him on the right meds. I should have known that we would probably see one of these because on Saturday he was having problems not peeing and I nearly catherized him, but then on Sunday its seemed like he couldn't stop going.
Blasted seizures

No comments: