Monday, November 9, 2009

Maclaren recall

There has been a huge recall on Maclaren strollers that were made since 1999. The company will issue a statment on Tueaday. I of course could not believe it there is a problem with the hinges that children are getting their fingers hurt, smashed and even have been a few chopped off. So they are going to be giving out some kind of hinge covers to stop this from happening. I wonder if Finnians special need Maclaren will fall in to this catagory it basically has the same hinge mechanisim.
Its funny I always had the kids stand clear while I would be opening or closing the buggy because I was always afraid that they might get their fingers pinched. Its the same as the doors I even still have the bumper guards on them. I still even have the child locks on the cabinets even though they an open them. I guess its just peace of mind.
I have always loves my Maclaren buggy and for the last 10 years have used a Maclaren buggy. I got the special need buggy for Finnian because our elavator went on the blink and to be honest it was not easy bringing 3 kids and a wheelchair up and down 4 flights of stairs. Evne now he uses his buggy for going to school. He gets put into a carseat on the bus so its just someting for getting to the bus and getting off the bus. He has a chair that he uses at school so he really just needs something to nip back and forth to therapy in so it works. It would be great if they could make the special needs buggy so that it would recline back just a little it would then be the bee knees.

No comments: