Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It fell out...........

THis morning after Bonnie Finnian's nurse came in I was telling her that I think its time to change his "belly button" again. We have been having some problems with the balloon on the tube. She went in to Finnian and all I heard "I hope you have a spare because this one fell out" Of course I take off in and sure enough there it was in the bed beside him. There was basically no water in the balloon. I had called the company to see if there was an issue with the button but they are going to send me a replacement and aslo a kit so I can send the defunk one back. A very important thing is when you change a button make sure you keep the box as they want to know what the lot number of the product is so they can see if there is a problem with a certain batch of buttons.
I had a spare so Finnian is all back together again. We are going to see how long this one lasts the last one was only in for 6.5 weeks. So now we just have to wait and see what happens with his one maybe we will have to change to a different brand.

2 comments:

jocalyn said...

AAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! I DID NOT need to read that.

I would have fainted. Oh.my.gosh. If that ever happens to Kendall's I will just die. No, seriously.

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Its not a big deal Ichange them all the time. I just called the nurse to go and see her to see if we need a shorter tube because we seem to keep bursting the bubble.
I changed my first g-tube at 11 pm at night in the back of the car because my other half forgot he was hooked up to a feed and broke the button.
Hey you can give your girl shots you cna change a button too.