Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well flip flops don't work

I had to take the tub mat out of the bath today. I have been wearing flip flops in the shower and I thought that they would help but today I know they don't. And, no, Mr McD my arse is not as red as a baboons.
In a way I am like my kids and we seem to have our own way of how things effect us. Take for example today the first thing I noticed was that my skin on my upper body was itchy. for a miniute I just thought I had the water a little too hot. Now it wouldn't have been the first time I hopped in to the shower and found out the hard way I didn't turn on the cold tap. When I realized that not only was my skin crawling I was light headed I knew right then I was having a reaction. About 6.5 years ago I had a major reaction to motrin and ended up going via ambulance to the ER at about 4.30 am. So today when the symptoms were almost the same I knew if I didnt get out of the shower I would be in trouble. So I get out and the first thing I do is take 2 Benadryl and 2 puffs of my inhaler and then I take my blood pressure. My pressure was low but ah it was all right. So I just layed down and put my legs up and slowly my pressure came back up again.
I know I should go to an allergist and I know I should have an epi-pen well I had one but it expired about 2-3 years ago. I guess I just have to take time for me and get things figured out as far as the allergies. So from now on its only silicone bath mats that are allowed in to my house.

No comments: