Friday, February 19, 2010

Appointments, approvals and a sick kid

Well with Finnian's surgery coming up we had to make an appointment to see the peds to get approval for the hip surgery,.We had to get the neuro to give approval so they are just putting down what to watch out for seizure wise.
The sick kid is not Finnian but his big brother Eoghan. When he came out of school he was quite but Eoghan is often like that. When we got inside I asked him whats the matter and all he said "his head hurt" and he is a bit thirsty. So as soon as we got in the first thing I checked his sugars but thankfully they were in normal ranges. So I just gave him some Calpol and told him to lie down he would feel better. About an hour later he comes out and tells me he feels better but to be honest he looked horrible so I took his temp and it said "101.4" He got told to stay away from Finnian. I took his temp again when he decided to go to bed at 830 and it was 102.3 so he got motrin. Now I just have to keep and eye on him and if he is still running a themp tomorrow I guess it will be of to the doctors office we will be going . I hate the peds office on Saturday its always so crowded and its the last place Finnian needs to be.
Will let you all know what tomorrow will bring

No comments: