Thursday, February 11, 2010

Growth

You know today was the first time that Finnian was out sledding. I have always made excuses why not to bring him out. Its too cold, he is not feeling good, what if he has a seizure? how will we put him on the sled?
So today I just said " get your gear on we are going out sledding". Joe usually takes the other 2 out but today I took the 3 out and we had a blast. At first I was going to send Maura and Finnian down together but we only have one of the round sleds and she was not able to manage him so I just laid him on the sled and ran down to the bottom and had Eoghan push him down. He came down squeeling and laughing. Then Eoghan tried to pull him back up the hill but Finnian kept falling off the sled and his wellies kept falling off. He was laughing and he kept signing "more". So we got to send him down again. He wasn't too happy with me when I put him back into the stroller. Well may be its because its a tight squeeze with all of the clothes he has on.
You know I try to treat him as "normal" as possible well with in reason but today he was like any other 5 year old flying downhill on a sled.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good for you and looks like Finnian had a blast!
Gotta feel good to do something so "normal" and to have all 3 be a part of the fun-super cool day!