Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just a little information

My wonderful 9 year old Eoghan pointed out that in the last post I spelled coloured wrong. I should have spelled it colored, so I was told. You see, I didn't grow up here in the USA I grew up in Ireland. Even after living here for 20 years I still have an Irish accent well its softer now but its still here. I remember years ago when I worked in the Traditional Irish Bakery on Bainbridge Ave here in the Bronx I wrote a sign stating " Opened Labour Day Times 6.30 am to 3pm" Everyone that came in "oh you are just opened Sunday hours". But then a friend came in and said your sign is wrong I stand back and looked, well I couldn't see what was wrong at the same time a few other cstomers said the same thing. So a bit embarresed I asked whats wrong with it? I got told that I spelled Labour wrong it should be Labor. So needless to say I was a bit red in the face. Then one of my die hard regular customers said "The sign on the shop says Traditional Irish Bakery so she is being traditonal and spelling it the traditional way". So I still do things the Irish way.

No comments: