Thursday, November 11, 2010

Roll on appointments

We are now just waiting for all of his appointments to happen. Right now its his cardiology and pulmo appointment that I wait for. The thing is we will probably get the all clear from both and we will be back as square one again. Something is causing his heart rate issues and his O2 issues and if its not anything structural then it has to be a neuro cause. Again yesterday he had scary dips in his heart rate and in his O2. One of them happened when he was kicking and having fun so you know his heart rate should have been on the high side but it dipped down to 54. I put my hand on his chest and you could feel the beat slow. I know I should have tried to get his blood pressure to see what that was but my first thing was to get his heart beating at a better rate.
Once I got his heart rate up I didn't even remember to take his blood pressure. A short while later his heart rate was good and his O2 fell. That was easier to get back up with a bit of oxygen.
I must get a better rolling cart for his equipment and supplies so when we move him from one room to another we just have to bring the cart with everything. May be some shelving near his bed for other supplies too.

No comments: