Thursday, May 6, 2010

The latest news

Well I dropped the medical papers at the school district and I had Finnian with me as his nurse went home sick. Then we went shopping on Fordham Rd and Finnian got his sandals and I picked up some things for the other 2 as well. Eoghan was happy with his $3.99 Iron Man II tee shirt and Maura was so excited over her Puma socks. They were all happy that they each got something.
Got the call about his surgery date so his right hip will be done on May 20th. At least we know what we are in for this time around hopefully. We also got an appointment with the movement doctor so we will see what do they think is it CP or a type of movement disorder? Its not going to change who our Finnian is but as we say just another notch in his diagnoses belt.
So our goal now is to keep Finnian as healthy as possible for his surgery. I hope he doesn't come down with what his nurse has and more at his school are sick too. Hopefully the antibiotics he just finished will keep him well.
Early day for the kids tomorrow from school they are so happy.
Eoghan has been doing very good at school the lowest he has gotten was 94. I am so proud of him he has made a huge come back form the low 70's. I don't know if it was the idea that he might have to go to summer school and miss out on swimming was what changed him but I sure do like the new Eoghan.
You know this evening I sent him around the corner to pick up potatoes that's a first but you know I have to cut the apron strings and let him be more independent. I guess I must have put my big girl knickers on this morning. I seem to be putting them on a lot lately I guess its not only the kids that are growing but in many ways I am too.

No comments: