Friday, April 30, 2010

More Doctor's

Went to the neuro today and they want us to take Finnian to a cardiolgist to make sure that the "seizures" are not heart related. ITs not to bad I call and got him an appointment for May 27th. So he will have a EKG and an echo done. Hey I am all for ruling out something. They are still not sure that they are true seizures just because they have never gotten them on an EEG.
We aslo got the number to se a Movement disorder doc. I called but they had left already for the day so I will call back on Monday. They know some of Finnians movements are leaning towards so movement disorder some twitches and jerks he makes are not seizures so they think some form of dystonia or something on that line. So that makes 2 new docotrs to add to the list.
He had a bit of a crappy day well the tempature has gone up a bit today weather wise and of course poor old Finnian cannot handle it. Not that long ago he started to make some noise and I asked him " What's the Matter with you?" He gives me the signal that he has gone to the bathroom so I go to change him but it was into the bath tub he went. Oh wow the mess not only had he gone #1 but #2 was oozing out everywhere. Now he is all nice and clean and smelling like lemons and vanilla..
Dinner is easy tonight pizza. So must go and order it Joe is getting hungry.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh geez...more doctors, more appointments...
some days...some weeks...some months...it seems you just bounce around from dr to dr, appointment to appointment! What's another one, right?
Hope you get some answers once you get in to see these docs.

Read your "struggle" post.
Loved it.
I am so sorry you are so far from your mom and dad. That blows. Family is so important, they are the lifeline of feeling love and supported. It is nice to also just have mom and dad...to not be the mom and dad at all times, ya know?
Sometimes I grab the phone or go to my moms and put my head in her lap, just as my kids do with me, and sob...it is so cleansing to have her, to be the daughter and not the "super-mom" trying to keep it all together. I hope you can pick up the phone and at least release in that way!

Yes...we are family...battling, cheering, praying, supporting, giving standing ovations...we are bonded by our kids...amazing little teachers, that are blessing those who are open to their lessons.

I LOVED your statement...

Those who can not accept our kids for who they are...their handicaps and disability of this thinking is far greater than anything these children carry. I too understand fears, sadness, attachment...BUT...if those people gave these kids a chance...If they opened their eyes and ears to what these children are teaching those around them...their disability of non-acceptance and fear would melt away!

Hope you all are having a good weekend...I have a COLD! Bummer...feel like crap but trying to pretend I don't for the sake of my hubby being home.

love from the pacific northwest...Deb