Friday, April 23, 2010

I thought it would be sooooo easy

We had Finnian at the peds on Tuesday and they only thing we have to get is a urine sample. Oh it should be easy right. Wrong. He has gone through 5 yes 5 urine bags and we have not been able to get enough out of them to do a culture. We have cathed him 2 times and got nothing. I have waited and watched him and have missed so now I am watching and writing down when he does go so hopefully I will be able to get enough of a sample to get a culture done. When Finnian goes he totally empties his bladder so its no use in cathing him until you know there is pee in there. So the reason we have not been able to get enough from a urine bag is when he goes and empties his bladder there is so much that he dislodges the bag and it all goes into his diaper.
I have even tried with just having a bag and the diaper under him and we ended up with pee all over his bed and a dislodged bag and not enough in the bag. I guess he doesn't want to have his pee checked out.
THe weather has been favourable for him the last few days and he is doing better.
I went to the Honors Assembly at school today. Maura got first honors so she gets a certificate and a blue ribbon. Eoghan had done bad in a test and had missed another so he got knocked out of getting first or second honors. He knows he can do it but like me he needs to be pushed. So we are hoping for a ribbon for him at the next assembly awards.

No comments: