Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday

Well today started very early for me, at 1.44 am. Yup he woke up crying and it wasn't seizures it was I don't feel good cry. I finally got him back to sleep at around 6.30am this morning. Joe was off today so he got up with him so I could go and have some shut eye.
Being that everyone was going to be around to day we had decided to go to Ikea in NJ. But with Finnian a little under the weather he stayed at home with his nurse.
When we got back she had finally gotten him to sleep. He wasn't happy up, down they even went outside and all he did was whine. He didn't have any tempature, venting his belly didn't even help. His chest sounds were normal no congestion and his oxygen levels were good. At first we had decided it must be from the weather. It was beautiful here today and when the tempature goes up Finnian cannot handle the change and he can over heat on us.
Well I started asking him, "does your head hurt?" and he got quite ok we are getting some where. So I decided to have a look in his ears. Yup he has a whopper of an ear infection no wonder he was unhappy. Thankfully we have ear drops so that will hold him over until tomorrow until we go to the doctors to get regular antibotics. Now I am kicking myself as I changed his ENT surgery from the end of this month. I wanted him to be fully recovered from the hip surgery before anyone else started poking at him. Oh well this is ear infection number 4 since we were at the ENT and we will probalby have a few more befor the surgery in July Oh well never a dull moment in my house.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your not a nurse...your a doctor!!! You have a ear thingy and look inside? I think I'd be too squeamish!
Well, then again, I am sucking snot out huds nose by sticking a tube down it...blaahh!
The things we do!

Thanks for getting it...getting me...having Dexter withdrawls tonight...but the wine was good!

Praying for a peaceful and healthy Easter...Hugs my friend!