Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh wow What a Saturday night

On Saturday morning Finnian woke up with a huge snotty nose there was gunk all over his face, hair, pillow it was just everywhere. I was very happy about it because I am thinking , Yes his sinuses are finally draining. As the day wore on he was a bit on the sleepy side but we went out for a jaunt around the block well we had to get milk.
In the evening he was his jolly old self laughing, kicking, pushing up on his hands and trying to chat up a storm. The one thing he was drooling a lot.
He got his meds and his feed and he was chilling out on the couch with me watching Ghost hunters and he would laugh every time some one screamed. He was on his belly and next thing I looked over at him and I knew something wasn't right. Rolled him on to his back and there he was as white as a ghost and his lips turning blue. Well I'll tell you my heart started beating at a mile a minute. So I just got his bag and started checking him out. His heart rate was 187 and his oxygen levels were 70. So I hooked him up on the oxygen and he began to fight me. I didn't blame him how would you feel if some one shoved something up your nose? His oxygen levels came up to the mid 80's and that was on 2 liters of O2 so I just kept moving him until I got it up to 90 but it would drop down again. I checked out his lungs and you could hear crackles so I just pulled out the nebulizer and gave him a breathing treatment. The I started some chest therapy to move the gunk out of his lungs. Well it seemed to work and his oxygen levels came up but if you lowered the oxygen they would drop. So he spent a few hours on the O2.His heart rate had returned back to more normal levels under 150. So I was going to stay up watching him but Joe said he would just along as I showed him what he had to do. So I just told him as long as his O2 stays up above 92 every hour you can turn down the oxygen a half a liter.
This morning he was fine like as if nothing had happened. We went to Church as Nanny was having a Mass said for Finnian as his birthday in this week. We did go to Church with his pulse ox on and the canister of oxygen in the basket. Just in case of an emergency. He had been doing really good sitting up a good bit today but he threw up and what a mess like the snotty nose it was every where. He is back to his silly self again.
Now the big question was it a seizure? I would say Yes. Was it a bad one? Well he did need oxygen. Now the other thing is it because we are reducing down one of his meds that this happened?, Is it because of the weather and may be because of his sinuses draining?, or was it the seizure we were waiting for but it showed up in a different way? It could be a bit from all of the above. I think I will be definitely sleeping with one eye opened form now on.

No comments: