Saturday, January 16, 2010

The moving up process

Its hard to believe that our Finnian with the help of God will be going to kindergarten in September. We are now working on the moving up process and getting the evulations done. THankfully the school camr through and we are getting the paperwork to go and get his low vision evual done. For Finnian right now I think his therapies are more important than learning how to read so we are trying to push for the school that is only like 6 blocks away. If we can get the addition of vision therapy added on it would be a bonus.
I know that our Finnian is a bit smarter than we give him credit for but if you read his diagnoses all you can say there is no way that this child is doing the things his parents say he can do. But his teachers at the preschool they know the difference. The OT and PT make him mad and he will thne do everything they want him to do. He still can get over on the Speech lady we keep telling her she is too soft with him. Then again even though he is different we still in a way treat him like a normal almost 5 year old.
This morning Maura calls me she needs help with Finnian. I go into the room and there he is sitting on the floor and she is trying to get him into her doll stroller. Yup she took him out of bed thankfully no one was hurt. there he was sitting on the floor and Maura holding on to his hands and he was in stiches laughing and kicking his legs it really looked like he was trying to move.
Today seems to be a great day for him hopefully we will continur to have more of them.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey...I had fun looking at all your pictures...and don't worry about the weight thing...it's a never ending battle and I know I have a million reasons in this "new normal" why it seems impossible to take care of me!

We are dealing with pre-school transition from the birth to 3 program. Unfortunately there is no way I can send Hudson to pre-school.... a germ fest that could be deadly for him, so I pray I can get at home based therapy through the school district. I just worked on the paperwork this morning and have my first "talk" with our current birth-3 thicoming week...very depressing and not looking forward to it!

Glad the days are going well...love and prayers your way from rainy WA! :)

Anonymous said...

Does sound like a great day! I enjoyed the photos, too. Barbara