Monday, January 18, 2010

I hope I don't speak too soon

I was just looking at the calender and I had to do a double take and make sure I had not missed anything. I even checked on our seizure tracker. Keeping fingers crossed as I type Finnian has not had one of his "shout" seizuers since early December. Now I am not saying he is seizure free because he is not but they were gut punching seizures to watch. He also is not as jumpy and he seems to be able to focus more. Today I even saw him swatting at his mobile that is hanging over his bed. All he kept trying to say "OOH". I asked him " Do you want them to go?" and he answered "yeah" so I turned the mobile back on and he lay there making all kinds of noises as if talking. Cannot say for sure that its because of the decrease in Keppra but I would like to go down even more maybe even take him off of it. Last week he even made an attempt to take a step. Something he has never done unless his legs were moved for him.
Is it a calm before a storm? I don't know but last night his belly was a bit upset. Is it something that usually happens before the storm? sometimes.
We haven't had a crying spell during the day or night for quite a few days now but yesterday we had a few tonic extensions and the same on saturday but hey, I would take them any day over the "shouts".
Hopefully we will get to see his Doc. on the 22nd if the appointment gets changed again you will hear me scream.
Night all

No comments: