Sunday, January 31, 2010

Am I an idiot or what!!!

Well today I scrubbed and I mean scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom. I even re-sealed where the tiles meet the bath tub.Put up new shower liners and finally took down the Santy shower curtains. We have an old porcelain bath tub which is slick as hell when wet so we use a tub mat. So I had gotten a new tub mat and not thinking when I bought it. So I opened it and put it down and was standing at the doorway admiring my handy work when my hands started to itch like crazy. I couldn't figure out at first why this was happening I had not used anything that should do this. As I look at my palms it hits me ..... The tub mat . I look at the label and its made of Latex. What an idiot I am allergic to latex.
So now I have shiny scarlet red palms from touching the bloody thing. Thankfully I have Benadryl tablets and cream.
I cannot believe I did that. I am so careful when it comes to the kids I forget my allergies. I just have to remember to wear my flip flops in the shower until I can get a more "friendly" tub mat for me.
What an idiot I am

No comments: