Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oh what a Saturday morning

Most people who really know me know that I don't sleep much any more. The reason is when I go to sleep I don't hear Finnian's alarm. So I do most of my sleeping between 4-7am and then I sometimes have a nap in the evening between 8-10pm. Sometimes my hubby is really nice to me and gets Finnian ready for the night by giving him his meds and feed and I can get an extra hour or so of sleep.
This morning I went off to sleep just before 4am and I don't know why but I woke up at 5:03am and something told me to check on Finnian. Normally I would just close my eyes and go back to sleep. Thank God I did because my little man was in a bad seizure. Next thing as I go to get his suction machine and the diastat his alarm went off. His heart rate was 197 but his O2 was holding great at 96%. I started to suction all the saliva as it was pooling in his mouth and you could hear him sucking down in to his lungs. I gave him the diastat and had to suction him a bit more. It took about 20mins for him to be back to normal.
By 7am I had a raging headache I guess form lack of sleep or lack of coffee so I popped some panadol and laid down but didn't go to sleep. My Mammy called and said she would take the 2 to Irish class and she would show the visitors around at the same time. So I took Finny to the peds to have him checked out now that I didn't have to worry about the other 2. Got to the peds and I was surprised that it wasn't busy. Normally I avoid the peds office on a Saturday at all costs. We were a walk in so we had to wait but I didn't care. He checked him out and the only thing he could see was the ear infection that the ENT had confirmed on Thursday and that his other ear was red. So he gave him some oral antibiotics to stop the infection in the left ear and we were to continue with the drops in the right ear. Other wise he was fine and his chest was clear. We also got some scripts for some of his supplies.
The rest of the day was ok his heart rate was a bit on the high side. The kids came back with the visitors and Maurs went to a birthday party. When Joe came home I got the scripts filled and picked up a few bits and bobs in the shop. Joe cooked dinner well they had chili dogs and chili cheese fries. I went in to bed to see if I could get rid of my head ache.
The head ache is finally gone and I am back to my normal schedule blogging at 2am.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

oh my...I am tired reading about that!!!! You poor thing...I hope Sunday is more "normal" for you!

Hugs...Deb