Saturday, April 9, 2011

First Confession

Today was Maura's First Confession. Eoghan did his First Confession while at school but now they have a mass and then the kids go to confession. It was a bit unusual for me to be a the front of the Church but Maura was in the second seat and only the parents were supposed to be sitting with them but I had my side kick with me. I took him out of his chair and left it over on the side out of the way. Of course we were only sitting down when I looked down at his pulse ox and it was blinking (I had to turn off the alarm while in Church) thankfully I had or it would have been beeping up a storm. His heart rate had dropped to 48 and yes he was sitting up. First I tried just rubbing his chest to see if it would bring his heart rate up. I didn't work so I just laid him across my legs and gave him a few little compressions, that didn't work. So you can imagine what was going through my head at that stage? Crap I have to get up and leave Maura all alone sitting in the seat to take care of her brother. Instead I just gave him a few more taps on his chest a little harder this time and thankfully his numbers started to rise. They rose a little to high his heart rate went up to 193 but at least that was better than 48. So with that episode diverted we did enjoy the rest of our time at Church. Will post some pics of the kids later.

No comments: