Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oh Mother Nature make your mind up

You know I always say Finnian is affected by the changes in the weather and some in the medical community think I am off my rocker to think that but its the truth. You know as I say I might speak with an accent but I ain't stupid. I am the one that is with my child 24/7 I am the one that knows whats normal and whats not but I know I don't have any letters following my name stating medical professional so sometimes what I say is only taken like a grain of salt.
Like tonight I was having a nap as I was tired and Joe came in and said "Finnian's having a seizure" so when I got out to him there he was in a seizure. His heart rate was only in the 50's but his O2 was great. So we do the usual wait and watch so when the time was up he got his up the butt (diastat aka rectal valium). In one way the seizure wasn't too bad because it only affected one side of his body but at the same time it was on the right side of his body which is his good side so it means that the seizure came from the left side of his brain which is not great. Thankfully it did not affect both sides if it did we would have probably ended up in the ER. Sometimes we cannot stop that seizure with the meds we have at home. Thankfully it stopped and as the usual he had his crying fit afterwards. He finally fell asleep so hopefully when he wakes up again he will be back to his normal self.

No comments: