Thursday, July 1, 2010

Here we go again

Well we go off to the hospital tomorrow for surgery #3. Its ENT surgery to remove his tonsils, put in ear tubes and to check to see if there is any new growth of anenoid tissue. We got medical clearence form the peds yesterday. While we were there the peds asked if I really want his tonsils removed as they looked great. Yeah they looked great as he had just finished a course of augmentin. But you know its not fair to Finnian to keep shoving antibotics in to him because soon they won't work and then we will have to go to harder stuff. Its also not fair to him as any sickness lowers his seizure threshold. When he had that bug 2 weeks ago the poor child was throwing up so much I was so afraid of aspiration that I was suctioning him but was running into problems as his tonsils were inflamed and I couldn't get the cath passed them. When I put the cath up his nose I was running into the same problem. His O2 stats were low too they were running in the high 80' even when I wasn't suctioning him. So to me there are times when his tonsils are causing safety issues.
So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow. We already know he is going to the ICU after the surgery just for percautions. So I hope we will be home on Sunday with new ear tubes and the tonsils gone.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

poor guy...always something!

praying today goes smoothly!