Saturday, July 24, 2010

An invitation for 1

My hubby gets a lot of invitations just for himself but he nearly always turns them down. I think the only ones he accepts are the firehouse invite and lunch with some of the guys from work. The rest of them he just blows them off because he feels that they should be for all of us not just him. Take for example today he gets a call from a family member that they are in town and they would like to see him. He was kind of excited at first but then he realized that the invitation was just for him to stop over on his way home for work he changed his mind.
You know I won't push him into going he is an adult and he can make his own decisions. I know I will be blamed for him not going over but you know I don't care. Let them think it was me. Some of them only live about 15-20 minutes away from us but they never come to us in the Bronx. But yet my family can come from overseas and they don't always stay with us but they always come and visit and they always want to see everyone the same with friends.
The thing is we have a differently abled child and they don't know how to accept him but you know that's their loss. It was a different story when I gave Joe the ultimatum either he put his big boy knickers on and accept Finnian as his son or get the hell out. He put his big boy knickers on and said he was scared but you know so was I. Things changed for us that day and in a way I think it made us a better family.

No comments: