Thursday, July 15, 2010

is it a calm before a storm???????????

Everyone and anyone with a medically fragile child all take the good days with the bad. When you have a run of bloody fantastic days you just cannot believe it and in the back of your mind you wonder a:- have we finally found the right combo of meds finally or b:- is this the calm before the storm?
Most people say I should be happy and encouraged and that I should not be thinking about a storm. I know they are probably right but you know I have been down that path before only to be knocked in a sense flat on my arse watching my child seize, puke and doing all the things I thought were something of the past.


Well may be our bubble burst of a good run as he was sound asleep and he started crying not his usual cry but his cry of terror. You know its not normal there your child is eyes closed and he is making this gut wrenching whails of terror, tears are running down his face and he is not responding to any form of comfort. Then just as suddenly it started it stops and he responds to the comforts you are giving him and he smiles you know that the episode is over. Now we just have to wait and see if tomorrow we will have our happy smilie little boy.
He has been up since 2:30 am hopefully he will go back to sleep soon as I like my happy smilie full of enery little boy.

No comments: