Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good Bye Dad

Dear Dad,
It was hard to say Good Bye. You did get a good send off. Lots of people came to give their condolences from near and far. Everyone was shocked at your passing. You know its never easy.
You know Dad I can still hear Mam's panicked voice " Jesus Christ, come quick there is something wrong with your father, I think he's dead!" I just took off and ran over. You know I don't know where my strength came from but I was able to to get you up and lay you down on the floor and I started CPR and at the same time I am yelling at you to fight. The EMS arrived and took over. As they were taking you out to the hospital the EMS asked " Who is going to go to the hospital with you?" They all just looked at me and Michael said it would be best if I went. Can you believe it Dad? they all chose me emotional Annie. That was a hard phone call to make back to the house well I called Michael on his cell to let them know you didn't make it.
Everyone is surprised at how strong I have been but you know they didn't see the river of tears I cried at the hosptial well now they know about it and they didn't see the second river I cried writing this. You know Dad it was heartbreaking to hear Mam say "What am I going to do with out him?" I know you would be saying " Nellie Dear you will get on fine without me". Don't worry Dad we will look after her.
Love Ger

1 comment:

Debbie said...

my heart is breaking for you.
You are one strong lady and your daddy is very proud I am sure.

Take care of yourself and the ache within...drown yourself with your kids.

sending hugs and love your way...DEB