Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weird night

Finnian threw us for a loop last night. He had something but cannot say if it really was a seizure or if it was something else. Well first he went pure WHITE and had some spastic movements then it was just like his breathing was affected but only whe he inhaled he sounded like a whoopee cushion. All I did was grab his bag and got the camera. We got some on tape before the battries died. Put the pulse ox on and his O2 was at 97% but his heart rate was at 169. Checked his lungs and I could hear some crackles in his upper right lung so pulled out the nebulizer and gave him a breathing treatment and it cleared the sounds in his lung. Then later on I took his tempature as even though his body felt normal but his hands and feet were hot. It was 99.8 so I gave him some Calpol but I left the moniter on him all night. His O2 was going up and down but the lowest I saw it was at 87% but once I would reposition him it would come back up to normal ranges. Will call and let the office know but I cannot say if it was a seizure. Oh roll on July 18th until we see the movement doc.

No comments: