Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Busy,busy and I have gallstones again

Well the weekend was busy and hot. Maura had a birthday party on saturday and we decided to walk to the party. Finnian was all set up in his big buggy and staying well hydrated and we added an extra sun canopy to keep the sun off of him. He was in a great mood and was singing I think everyone was a bit shocked that he could do that. Mostly when they see him he is just a blob sitting in his chair.
I was a bit under the weather since Thurday I thought I had a bug but I soon knew it was gallstones. Today it was really bad and I decided it was time to go and see the doc but he wasn't in. I have an appointment to see the GI later in the month.I guess with all the heaving today I got the stone dislodged. Thankfully I am not in constant pain anymore just a bit sore and I will have to be careful with what I eat. It has been almost 12 years since I had my gallbladder removed because of gallstones but just because you don't have a gallbaldder it doesn't mean you canot have gallstones. I guess I will have to wait and see what the GI will say.
Eoghan was at the GI on Monday for his check up and he has to have another GI scope with biopsy done to check his tummy and esophagus for eosinophilic cells. It was great I called today and they can do it next Monday. He is a bit bummed out as it is dress down at school on Monday.But at the same time he is happy to get it over and we won't have to worry about it over the summer.
On Friday I went to the school district and told them in writing that I was not accepting the school placement that they were giving Finnian. I got told " you only get one choice of placement and by law the child does not have to be in school until he is 6 years old, If you don't hear anything by the 15th of June just file for impartial hearing for placement". Why would I send my child to a school that cannot fullfill his IEP? I know he will never be Einstin he may be blind, non verbal and in a chair but he can count to 20 he taps for each number as you say it he knows how the alpabet goes. We will sing the alpabet and sometimes mess up he will shake his head
"no" letting us know its wrong the same with counting. So there is more going on in his little head than we give him credit for.

No comments: