Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Well I went and did the 10k. Oh boy was it tough. It was a cross country trail. So you can just imagine mucky, slippy track. Oh boy were the worms out at one stage the ground was moving with all the worms. But so sorry by the time I passed there were a few less wriggling. The first few uphills were ok but there was part of the route all I was thinking not another ********* hill. I was never so glad to see the flat stretch to the finish line. My time all considerate was not too bad for my first cross country 10k was 2 hours and 1 min. There is a huge difference between pavement pounding and cross country trail. I am tired and my knee and ankle are letting me know that I did push my self. Once I put my clogs on the ankle was feeling better but I will have to figure out how to tape my knee cap. The taping on my ankle worked great so I will have to invest in more rock tape.
We went to City Island for a late lunch early dinner and everyone came back with some colour on them including Finnian. Johnny's Reef is a great place to go to eat. Maura loved the fried clams and yes she is my picky eater.
When we got back Joe decided to take the kids to the park as the new playground is opened. Finny and myself stayed at home which turned out good as he had a tonic seizure his heart rate went over 200 and his O2 dropped down to 79 and he screamed the whole time he was having it. You know 1 and 1/2 mins seems like forever when he is screaming and it stopped like the plug got pulled. Then after he was scrubbing his poor little nose and was a bit out of it for another minute or so. We both had a nap I am still a bit stiff but if all goes well I will do the next 10k on Labor Day at least I will know what I am in for.

No comments: