Friday, July 29, 2011

Alarms beeping.........

This morning at 5:03am Finnian's alarm went off. I hadn't even gone to bed I was in the bathroom so I ran and when I got in to the room Joe was trying to get the O2 hooked up on Finnian. Joe was in a bit of a panic as he could see Finny's O2 drop lower and lower and his heart rate go up,up. So as usual I snapped "move I'll do it" then my own heart did a flip as I looked at the pulse ox O2 was only 62 and going down so I cranked on the oxygen and had to put it to 4 liters just to get him up in to the high 80's. Normally 2-3 liters work on him but he was in a seizure. So between watching his machine and the time then second guessing should I have given him diastat right away. But at the 5 minute mark his seizure stopped and everything went back to normal so I started to wean him off the 4 liters of O2.
He is still not himself and he was lip smacking, rubbing his nose and gagging like he was going to throw up we gave him a diastat. He is just lying there now not even able to suck his thumb we even have tried to get him to suck a soother but he cannot. He is just so wiped out seizures SUCK, SUCK, SUCK big time. We all wish it was as easy as "take these pills and don't worry". We are shoving so much into him to give him his normal and its not enough. It just breaks my heart to see him loose functions as simple as sucking his thumb. If he looses that what else has he lost ability to do?????? I don't even want to think about it right now I just want my Finny to get over this hump hopefully at home

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sorry to read about the seizure...sorry to read about the Nissan....such a crap shoot...such a fine line. Don't blame yourself...although I can relate....when H was vomiting past his Nissan I was wondering why I did it too...we both know we are only trying to do right by them and make life as comfortable as possible.
Did your other sweet boy make it to Ireland? Hope so...least someone's having some fun! Hugs

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Deb thanks. Yes he is having a ball in Ireland. You know we have gone through the honeymoon periods where there is no vomiting and then it comes back what seems like worse than ever. It just killed me this morning to see him gag and heave like he did.
Hugs to your 3 lovies