Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Support ? All you have to do is ask

You know I hate when you ask someone "do you need help?" and the answer is "Oh its fine you don't have to worry we have it all taken care of ".Then you find out differently that they have been basically floundering like a fish out of water. The way they deal with it "I'll do it tomorrow" and then it turns in to days, weeks, months.
NO ONE has to do it alone there is always someone there. You know all we can do is offer to help but when you keep pushing us away DO NOT THROW IT BACK AT US THAT YOU HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH IT ON YOUR OWN because that is not the truth.
You know we all have our sob story and how unfair things are.I have a 6 year sob story that people cannot fathom how I can smile and look positive about life. You have no idea how some days it was hard to plaster a smile on my face but I did. You know how I did it? I looked for help to understand. I have a great support system from some of my family some others cannot get their warped minds around the idea that there is a child with special needs so they chose to ignore him. I have a great support system with people all over the USA, Canada,Ireland,England, Germany and many more places. They are my warrior friends and no matter what time day or night there is always someone there. These are people I will probably never get to meet in person but through the internet they are there for me and they know and understand how and what I am going through.
You know the first step is to admit you need help. The second is to ask for help. The third is there is always someone there to throw out the life preserver in the form of a helping hand and they will not judge you as to why you need the helping hand. The fourth is to accept the help.
Don't ever say " you don't know what I have been dealing with" because there is some one else out there that has it much worse but the difference is they admitted, they asked, they grabbed that life preserver and most of all they accepted the help given. They are not failures they are the strongest people you would or could ever know because they didn't let their pride get in the way.

No comments: