Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy belated Saint Patrick's Day

I don't know what happened that I didn't put up my Saint Patrick's Day wishes yesterday. So Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
My day started very early well QVC had their Saint Patrick's Day special with all the Irish jewels, Irish jumpers, china, Waterford crystal etc. So I was watching that from midnight up until I had to take Finnian to see Dr.C the pulmo doc. We got new oxygen orders, he can have up to 4 liters of O2 now when needed. We discussed that maybe some of his issues are seizure related. The only reason I can come up with this is on 2 occasions we have noticed that he is on O2 because he is not keeping his stats up and then we see physical seizure involvement that doesn't stop on their own we have given him diastat to stop the seizures and low and behold his O2 levels have come back to where we can take him off the oxygen. The one thing you have to know both times we have given him diastat while he has been on O2 is with the phone left ready to call 911 as diastat can suppress breathing. So then why does his oxygen levels come back to normal after we have given him diastat? The only this is that maybe he is having seizures in around the area of the brain that controls his breathing and once they stop everything gets reset. So if that is the case then the same might be true about his peeing issues which we always see right before a certain seizure, the same with his heart rate and who know maybe his throwing up issues. May be I find it easier to blame everything on the seizures or maybe I should wait and see what all the last round of testing they did on him says? Naahh I thing I will just blame everything on the seizures.

No comments: