Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our lad Finnian had such a great day on Saturday at the beach and he totally blew my mind when he sat up on his own for so long with only a readjustment or two. Don't know if it was the sensory input from the sand and the water that gave him the ability to balance himself like he did. But he hasn't been able to sit up like that on his own since. I guess his brain was functioning "normal" on Saturday and it has been mis-firing since.
Sunday evening/night he was a bit off but I just put it down to over stimulition on Saturday and last night he had a few crying spells. The usual ones that last for about 1minute and then he stops in mid cry and he is back to normal sleeping. They cannot say if these are seizures as they have never gotten them on an EEG but I believe they are. Well as a parent you get to know your childs cry's, especially when they are non verbal and cannot say whats wrong. When he has one of these "spells" he doesn't react to any hands on input. Even if you pinch him you get no reaction normally any sleeping child will pull away if you did that. I have been asked if they could be night terrors well they are not like anything I have read about night terrors but then again I am not Doctor that specializes in neurological disorders I am just a Mom.
Its like when you go to a new doctor and you tell your childs history to the first doctor you meet and then another comes in and asks you the same questions and make notes then you see the 2 doctors talking and comparing notes you feel like saying "Hello I am taking my child to you because he needs your specialized care and my story is not going to change." There are other times you feel like saying " Do you think I would waste my time and your time if my child does not need to see you? We are only here to see if you can add something to finding out what is going on with my son's brain". You still don't get all the answers because they don't know either.

1 comment:

nebracin eye drop said...


buy nebracin eye drop online is an antibiotic drug that is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye and the eyelids. It may also help to prevent an infection after an eye injury or surgery.