Saturday, August 28, 2010

Orchard Beach

Finnian in his beach tent getting some sun on his legs
Joe, Eoghan, Maura and Finnian

Eoghan, Maura and Finnian

Maura

Look I need to get some sun on my body

See what I did today at the beach I sat up all on my own and enjoyed the water and the sand

Eoghan making sandcastles



Maura

Do you see the big drool hanging from my mouth?

Maura swimming

I'm not sure about this
Today we went to the beach and everyone had a great time and got some sun. I think the biggest and the best thing that happened at the beach was our Finnian sat up supporting himself for at least 15 minutes and I was able to get some great shots of him sitting.
THis has always been a dream of mine that someday our Finnian would be able to sit on his own. In the past he has been able to sit for about 3 mins on his own but today at the age of 5 years and 7 mths he sat for more that 15 mins at the beach in the sand by the water.
Since we have added a medication for his Dystonia and got his hips fixed he is starting to do "new" things. He now can roll to the right and now likes to sleep on his right side. He stopped being able to roll to the right over 3 years ago when his seizures were off the wall. So what does this prove ? when everything is in harmony they can achieve "new" things. Well just look at our Finnian.
Another funny story about our beach trip today. The last picture that I put up of Finnian where I put the caption " I'm not sure about this" Well right after I took this picture Finnian he gives me his sign for "wet nappy". So I tell him that it was the sea that gave him a wet nappy but he told me "No" So I asked did you make pee pee?" get the sign for "yes" and "did the sea make Finnian have a pee pee?" get the sign for yes again. So its not a good idea to go to the beach with a child you are trying to toilet train . Like today Finnian knew his swim nappy was wet and he was letting me know he needed to be changed

1 comment:

Carolien said...

Great pictures!!! and well done Finnian!
The Cosgroves from a wet and windy netherlands